Monday, February 8, 2010

Lightweight Tripod For Hiking Can Anyone Recommend A Lightweight Carbon-fiber DSLR Tripod?

Can anyone recommend a lightweight carbon-fiber DSLR tripod? - lightweight tripod for hiking

I will be on a safari holiday in 5 weeks time, but my current tripod quite poor, so I think you mean a new one. I am looking for a lightweight carbon fiber tripod, Manfrotto Gitzo or possibly up to 1.7 kg weight 500g kg up to max and may 4th I have a 150mm-500mm lens F5 weighs 1.8 pounds on its own if the tripod to the body weight of the lens wear + camera + battery grip. The tripod should be lightweight, because they are transported in a backpack with camping equipment. Points for lighter, stronger and less expensive (which should be able to buy it in the United Kingdom)

1 comment:

fhotoace said...

The Manfrotto is a good choice. I have one, but not easier. When hiking, I'm using a Manfrotto monopod, that I keep in my backpack.

When shooting with my 4x5 box, drag the standard Manfrotto tripod with me. At the time, goes the camera, lens, film holders and 6 liters of water, hardly any difference between a standard carbon-fiber tripod includes lost.

Post a Comment